Grilled Chicken Recipe
There are very many ways of preparing a chicken. You can grill, stir fry, fry or even bake it. However, cooking it on the grill is the best way since it brings out great flavors, whether you are grilling a whole chicken or chicken breasts. In addition, a grilled chicken is very delicious and healthy because it is very high in protein.
Most chickens are grilled using a marinade of chili powder, garlic, and lemon or lime juice along with oregano. But how can one prepare it? Below is a grilled chicken recipe that will truly guide you.
- Quarter teaspoon chili powder
- Quarter teaspoon salt
- Half teaspoon dried and crumbled oregano leaf
- 2 finely minced cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or lime
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup picante sauce or purchased salsa
- 1 whole chicken
Instructions on how to grill a chicken
1. Remove giblets from the cavity of the chicken and rinse it under cold water. Stroke it using paper towels and spice it using chili powder and salt.
2. Preheat the oven to about 475 degrees and place the chicken on a cutting board with the breast side down. Brush the hot grill grate using a stiff wire brush and grill it with oil and a clean but expandable towel.
3. Using kitchen shears, start at the tail end about one inch to the right side and cut all the way up to the neck. Repeat the same thing on the side of the chicken.
4. Turn the chicken over and flatten it using your hands. Try to make it as flat as possible since most of the surface of the chicken will be in contact with the pan over the oven.
How to prepare the grilled chicken
1. Flatten the chicken breasts by placing each chicken breast between food storage bags or sheets or plastic wrap. Pound them gently with the flat side of meat mallet until quarter-inch thick.
2. Cut each flattened chicken breast into strips of one inch in width. Place the strips in a nonreactive shallow container or a glass baking dish.
3. Combine the remaining ingredients and pour them over the chicken breasts. Cover and freeze chicken in marinade for two hours.
4. Thread the chicken onto well-soaked wooden skewers or metal skewers. Grill it over hot coals for six to eight minutes while turning it a few times.
You can serve it with additional salsa if necessary.